May 15, 2019
V5.4 of the Impact Estimator is LIVE!
The Athena Institute announces version 5.4 of its acclaimed whole-building life cycle assessment (LCA) software tool.
The Athena Impact Estimator for Buildings has been providing sustainable designers with the power of LCA in a simple package since 2002.
The Athena tool delivers reliable results with its best-in-class methods and the highest quality background data available, with true regionalization for North America and true cradle-to-grave assessments.
As always, the software quickly models any building type at any design stage. It makes side-by-side comparisons easy. Thousands of users find it indispensable for helping them reduce the environmental impact of buildings, earn the LCA credit in LEED®, or report embodied carbon.
What’s in the latest release:
- New! Client-ready full project report (Click here for sample report )
- New! Assembly algorithms for CLT walls, floors, and roofs
- New! Bulk import all CRMCA EPD concrete mixes into a product library
- New! Export all results to Microsoft Excel
- Updated regional N. America electricity profiles
- Updated Canadian wood product profiles
- Updated CMU wall take-offs for various regional and seismic locations
- Updated cradle-to-grave Sika Sarnafil roofing product profiles
Find the software, transparency documents and video tutorials at https://calculatelca.com/
Thank you to our clients and members for making this update possible:
American Institute of Steel Construction, American Iron and Steel Institute, Canadian Concrete Masonry Producers Association, Canadian Precast Prestressed Concrete Institute, Canadian Ready Mixed Concrete Association, Canadian Wood Council, Cement Association of Canada, Cornerstone Architecture, Forest Products Association of Canada, Forestry Innovation Investment, FPInnovations, Metal Building Manufacturers Association, Morrison Hershfield, Natural Resources Canada, and Sika Sarnafil.